We need you to make one call to Congress to make sure transportation spending delivers.
Call the Congressional Switchboard at 202-224-3121 and tell your representative to co-sponsor the National Transportation Objectives Act of 2009.
Then let us know you made the call.
As you read this, Congress is working on the new transportation bill, released just two days ago. It's a good start, but as the bill stands today, it leaves out something crucial: Clear national priorities.
With Congress moving quickly on transportation, we need you need to go the extra mile today to make sure that Congress gets the message.
That's why we're inviting you to join our national call-in day by calling your representative's office right now. It will make a real difference, and it only takes about one minute:
- Call the Congressional Switchboard at 202-224-3121, and ask to speak to your representative's office.
- Tell the staff member answering the phone where you're calling from and that you'd like to urge the representative to co-sponsor the National Transportation Objectives Act of 2009 (H.R. 2724). You can add that:
- You are a constituent and a supporter of the Transportation for America coalition.
- You want to make sure the billions spent on transportation help us cut down on emissions, give us real energy security, and provide you with more affordable options for getting from A to B.
- After you hang up, please be sure to let us know that you made the call. Don't skip this step! It helps us track how many members of Congress we've reached.
Without over-arching goals and targets - such as lower energy consumption, greater affordability, and expanded access - there's no way to be sure billions of dollars in transportation spending will truly deliver clean, safe and smart transportation. That's why your call today, as members of Congress are marking up the bill, is so important.
The bill has a lot of what Transportation for America supporters like you have been pushing for, but today, it still falls short.
We can do better. We can't keep pouring our precious tax dollars into the same old flawed transportation system that leaves us stuck without options. Let's tell Congress to make transportation funding smart, clean, and accountable starting TODAY.
We need you to pick up the phone - make one simple call - and speak up for transportation reform.
Thank you for your support at this important moment.
Outreach and Field Director
Transportation for America